Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fat-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies


I have had a few people comment my postings asking for a fat free recipe, so I thought I would make one. The recipe I found sounded so good! I actually thought that because it was fat free the cookies would be made with ingredients that I wouldn’t like or come out tasting bland. But they came out pretty good…although they could maybe use some dark chocolate chips. This recipe took about thirty minutes to make and made about two dozen cookies...and by the way, these cookies taste better than they look!


Ingredients
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Karo, light or dark (corn syrup)
3 egg whites

Directions
•Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
•In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
• Stir in corn syrup and egg white until blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky).
•Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (cookies will be soft when pressed). Do not over bake. Cool on rack.