Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams


So I thought I would try making a no bake recipe. These cookies are very fast and easy to make. They took about twenty minutes and made about five dozen cookies. The only problem I had while making them was covering them with chocolate. It took me a while to figure out a way to get them fully covered with chocolate without getting too messy, but I finally found a way. I figured out that it’s best to dip one side of the cookie into the chocolate and then placing then on the cookie tray and using a knife to spread chocolate on the rest of the cookie.

Ingredients
1 jar (18 oz.) peanut butter
1 package (16oz.) graham crackers, broken into rectangles
1 ½ pounds milk chocolate candy coating

Directions
•Spread a rounded teaspoonful of peanut butter on one side of half of the graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
•In a large heavy saucepan over low heat (or just use a microwave), melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
•Dip cookies in coating to completely cover, allow excess to drip off.
•Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until firm. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.