Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pecan Goody Cups


This recipe takes about forty five minutes to make and it makes about 4 dozen cookies. The only problems I had was forgetting to put the butter into the filling, but I don’t think it would have made a big difference since it was a small amount of butter. Because I had never made this recipe before I wasn’t sure how thin the cookies should have been. So the first batch of cookies came out a little thick and some were still a little bit raw inside, but luckily I was able to fix the second batch before I put the filling on and stuck them in the oven. I also didn’t have any miniature muffin cups, so I just shaped them by hand.

Ingredients:
¾ cup butter, softened
2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp butter, melted
48 pecan halves

Directions:
•Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball.
•Cover and refrigerate for fifteen minutes.
•For filling: combine the brown sugar, eggs, and butter; set aside.
•Roll dough into forty eight balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
•Spoon a scant teaspoon of filling into each cup. Top each with a pecan half.
•Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for two to three minutes before removing to wire racks.