Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies came out really good; I got many compliments from people saying that they really liked them. They took about an hour to make and made about 4 dozen cookies. I thought that was pretty fast for making 4 dozen! The only thing I changed in this recipe was adding less chocolate chips because I like the cookie dough better that the chocolate chips. To put the cookies on the baking sheet I took a spoonful of cookie dough and used the back of another spoon to push the dough onto the baking sheet. I had to use this method because the dough was sticky and not hard enough to handle with your hands, but if you refrigerate the dough for a while it will be easier to work with.


Ingredients:
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 t. Kosher salt
3/4 t. baking soda
2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 t. vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
12 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and soda. Give it a stir with a whisk and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter for 1 minute. Then, add both the sugars and beat for at least 2 more minutes, until mixture is completely smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, and then scrape down sides. Next, add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition.
4. With mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in 3 portions, mixing well after each addition. Once the final portion is incorporated turn off mixer. Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
(At this point dough can be wrapped in plastic and set in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Or, wrap the dough in plastic and an outer layer of aluminum foil and freeze for up to 2 months.)
5. Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat, bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack and eat while still warm!

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate chip cookies! They are delicious! Unfortunately, I do not make them from scratch. I would love to try sometime! My favorite chocolate chip cookies are probably the DECA ones! I love that they literally melt inside my mouth and even thinking about them makes my mouth water. This blog is making me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete