Thursday, February 25, 2010

Giant Red Velvet Cupcake


Now I know this isn’t a cookie, but I did have to bake it just like I would bake cookies, so in a way it’s kind of similar and goes with my blog. Red velvet is my sister’s favorite kind of cake and since a few days ago she came home with a box of red velvet cake mix for me to make for her, I decided I would put it in my blog. I didn’t use a regular pan to make this cake, instead I used a silicone, cupcake shaped mold set. I’ve been wanting to try this out for so long and I finally got to use it. The bakeware was easy to use, it wasn’t too floppy like most silicone bakeware and the cake was easy to remove from it.

I really liked how the box gave you a little booklet of ideas for different ways to decorate your giant cupcake and ideas for fillings that you could put inside it, such as ice cream, pudding, fruit, fudge, whipped cream, and more. Since my sister doesn’t really like frosting I decided not to put any on it and let her enjoy it the way she likes it.

3 comments:

  1. I've been itching to get one of these but I could never make that much cake. I have to eat gluten-free baked goods and since they go bad quickly I've given up on baking lately. I like that you said it wasn't floppy because one of my fears with silicone bakeware is that it will flop all over the place and either let my goods slip out or crack.
    And an added personal story for your reading pleasure, one year for my birthday party one of the cakes I baked was a red velvet. I baked it from scratch and in an attempt to be creative I put blue coloring in it instead of red. As soon as the cake finished baking I had to run out of the house and get to the location because the party was an all day party and I was going to be late, again. The cake turned out great but the outside was kind of green because of how it baked and when I got to my party I had yet to frost it with the cream cheese frosting. The whole day all of my friends teased me calling it a spinach cake covered in mayonnaise. There were some people who didn't eat it because they believed them and I still get made fun of for it even though it was 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so epic. I have always wanted one of those Big Top Cupcake things. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun and I always wanted to do it before! I’m excited and I want to do it someday. This looks like a good quality time to do it with family or friends. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it and I’ll try them sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete